Makes 4 servings
This is a featured recipe taken from The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander
This stir-fry cooks quickly, so be sure to have all of your ingredients prepped before you start. Watch the meat - if you overcook it or the pan isn’t hot enough when you put it in, the beef could be tough.
- 1 (1 pound) top round steak, sliced against the grain into scant 1/4"-thick strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup bottled Szechuan stir-fry sauce
- 1 In a large bowl, combine the steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss until well combined.
- 2Place a large nonstick skillet or nonstick wok over high heat. When hot, mist with the olive oil spray. Add the broccoli and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the garlic softens and the broccoli is heated through and crisp-tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Transfer to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 3 Return the pan to high heat and add 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil. When hot, add half of the steak in a single layer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the steak to the bowl with the vegetables and re-cover. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and steak. Return all the steak and vegetables to the pan and remove from the heat. Add the sauce and mix well to coat. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Per Serving: 191 calories, 25 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat. 2 g saturated, 50 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 599 mg sodium