Makes 1 serving
This is a featured recipe taken from The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander
I don’t think I’m capable of writing a book without including at least one pizza. I mean, come on--it’s not American to completely give up pizza! By using a low-fat, whole wheat tortilla as the crust (please do not attempt this recipe with a low-carb tortilla), you can enjoy a thin and crispy pizza without guilt. Once you’ve mastered this pizza, feel free to create your own thin and crispy pizza with Main Event Marinara Sauce (page 162), low-fat cheese, and plenty of lean protein and veggies. Your kids can even assemble their own. It’s really fun to make individual pizzas with the whole family.
- 1 (about 8") low-fat, whole wheat flour tortilla (80 cals)
- 2 tablespoons traditional barbecue sauce (7 grams carbohydrates or less per 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 ounce (about 3 tablespoons) goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons drained canned diced pineapple in juice, or drained pineapple rings in juice chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro, or more to taste
Per Serving: 217 calories, 7 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated, 10 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 484 mg sodium
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- 2 Place the tortilla on a medium nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until crisp. If air bubbles form while baking, poke them with a fork, then use a spatula or oven mitt to carefully press the air out.
- 3 Remove from the oven and top evenly with the sauce, then the cheese, pineapple, and cilantro. Bake the pizza for 2 to 4 minutes longer, or until the cheese is completely melted. Slice into 8 wedges and serve.