Makes 8 servings
This is a featured recipe taken from The Biggest Loser Cookbook by Chef Devin Alexander
I spent years being crabby on diets. I’d carry around carrots sticks and take containers of tuna to the middle school cafeteria—only to get picked on for eating "weird" food, even though I hated every minute of it. I even managed to go an entire year without eating chocolate, but I was secretly angry and envious the whole time. I was so much less happy than I am today. So as a tribute to those crabby days being long gone, here’s a crabby dish that’s much more enjoyable than I must have been in my days of deprivation.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tub (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (6.5 ounces) lump crab meat, drained
- 1 whole green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot- pepper sauce
- 8 fat-free RyKrisp® Crackers
Per Serving: 138 calories, 16 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates. 1 g fat, less than 1 g saturated, 32 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 491 mg sodium
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat four 3-inch diameter ovenproof ramekins or custard cups with spray.
- 2 In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a spatula until smooth. Add the crab meat, green onion, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and hot-pepper sauce. Stir to mix well. Spoon into the reserved ramekins or cups.
- 3 Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until heated through. Remove and set aside for about 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve each ramekin or cup with 2 crackers.