Makes 8 one-cup servings
This is a featured recipe taken from The Biggest Loser 6 Weeks to a Healthier You By Cheryl Forberg, RD, Melissa Roberson, Lisa Wheeler and the Biggest Loser Experts and cast
Season 7 contestant Kristin Steede introduced us to this variation on a traditional tomato-based chili, and it’s become one of our favorites. You can substitute turkey breast or lean pork loin for the chicken and swap in your favorite beans for endless variations. This recipe is quick and easy, and the chili keeps well in the freezer.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast or 1 pound lean pork tenderloin
- 4 1/2 cups cooked great northern beans
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1Cook and shred the chicken or turkey breast or dice the tenderloin; set aside. In a large saucepan, mix together the beans, broth and salsa. Heat through and add extra broth, if desired. Stir in the meat and cheese and top with cilantro, if desired. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 230 calories, 26 g protein, 24 g carbohyrdrates, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated, 30 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 230 mg sodium