Makes 4 servings
This is a featured recipe taken from the Biggest Loser Premier Membership meal plan
Choose wild mushrooms (chanterelle, black trumpet, hen-of-the-woods, shiitake, oyster or cremini) that are moist to the touch, with no shriveled, dried edges, bruises or spots.
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 pound wild mushrooms, tough stems removed, cleaned, and sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Heat broth and water in a large stockpot. Add squash and bay leaf to broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions 5 to 8 minutes, until soft. Add all mushrooms and saute until soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes, adding a little broth if they become too dry. Transfer to stockpot. Cook until squash is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in parsley.